Japan Crate Review

Wud up, this month has flown by, but at least there's a long weekend this week to look forward to. I decided to treat myself and sign up for Japan Crate. I had heard of the service awhile ago, but hadn't found the time to sign up for it. Since June is my birth month I figured it would be a nice birthday present for myself.

Japan Crate is a monthly subscritption box filled with candy. They have different sizes, so I decided to go all out and sign up for their Premium box which has 2 pounds of candy and comes with a drink.
The goodness 

You get a nice card with information on all the candy. I also got a cute little Totoro figure!
What's actually interesting is that my mom bought a crate for my niece too. She called me one day sounding tried as heck and asked me where would buy my Japanese snacks from before I moved to NYC. My niece apparently really wanted to try some. I asked my mom how she got into them, my mom was like, "I don't know. How did you find that s***." The shade was real that day lol So I told her about Japan Crate and she ordered the June one for our little lady.

Everything was straight up good! There wasn't anything I didn't like. I also like how you get DIY kits. This was my first time making one; Boba and I decided to make them together. Both were delicious and really fun to make. I love that Japan Crate also has videos for how to make the DIYs in case you want something for reference.

It has really hard to pick my favorite snacks since there wasn't a single thing I disliked. I finally settled on two: one savory and one sweet.
These snacks are peach gummy heaven! They're called Happy Nikukyu which translates to Happy Paw.  I literally searched online for a few days to find out where I could get these. J List has them back in stock, so I plan to buy some from their soon.
But these snow pea chips tho. I need to try to find these babies and Dainobu or Sunrise Mart because ya girl has a mighty need.

I decided to stay subscribed, so I'll let you know if I receive anything super interesting in July's crate. As a huge fan of Japanese snacks, I really love this subscription box because it helps you discover more snacks. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment