Mitsuwa Marketplace and Couple Purikura

Hello everyone! Boba and I took a trip on Sunday to Mitsuwa Marketplace a Japanese specialty grocery store that has a food court and a few other stores located in New Jersey. We do have a few Sunrise Marts in NYC that sell Japanese items and food, but we went to Mitsuwa specifically for the purikura machine. Which I was super excited to discover that they had as I've been wanting to take purikura pics for awhile and have never done it before. It was actually pretty easy to get to and their website gave great instructions which I really appreciated. It's only about 25-30 minutes from Port Authority, so it didn't take too long to get there.

The purikura machine is located in the store that sells traditional Japanese items and Japanese pop culture merch like wall scrolls and anime figurines. The store is right beside Kinokuniya and located near the Gundam kits.
The booth has a credit card option, but it doesn't work so make sure to bring cash. It costs $7 dollars for one round of photos. It was actually quite fun to do and the pictures came out super cute. I liked how it didn't feel like everyone could see you while you were taking photos. Most American photo booths I've been to the few times I've used them has the side out which is awkward. I wasn't used to the timing section, but it makes since so people don't decorate all day long while others are waiting to use the machine.
You could have one photo sent to your smartphone for free which I thought was a nice touch. If you wanted to purchase the rest of the pictures for digital download it was only 3 dollars. I decided to buy them all in case I lost the printed photos.

Afterwards went shopping for some snacks, and they had a pretty nice selection. I thought the prices of the items we bought were pretty reasonable. Since it's not too far from where I live, I would definitely stop by every now and then during warmer weather for some snacks.
The spoils of war
They even had a nice selection of hair dye. The food court had some nice options and it smelled wonderful in there. I also heard that their soft serves is uhmazing, but it was too cold for me and the food court was a little crowded.
I'm excited for tomorrow not only because it will be Valentine's Day but because it'll be the weekend, whoop whoop! Boba and I made a reservation for the Japanese barbecue restaurant, Gyu Kaku, that we frequent. They typically have a special Valentine's Day themed course. Boba is off on Saturday which is rare, but I feel like it's ironic. Valentine's Day is one of the few days when the NYC is freakin packed, like how disrespectful could his job be lol They know damn well it's going be a free for all out there, give that man a different day off. We probably won't end up going anywhere since everything will be ridiculously crowded which I am totally okay with. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Your photos are so cute! I love purikura machines! You also got my favourite Pocky - strawberry! :-) This store sounds amazing!

    Iketeru! Japanese lifestyle and culture blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you^^ It really is a nice store! Strawberry Pocky is sooo delish; it's been awhile since I've had some : )

    ReplyDelete