After School Affairs: Prologue Review

I hope everyone is having a good start to their year! I can't believe it's about to March. Time is really flying this year. I need to step my blogging game up lol I was excited to hear that Voltage had a new game releasing this month because it had been awhile since their last one. So here's my review of the latest otome game After School Affairs.
February 19th, 2016

Your are a homeroom English teacher of an all boy's school where the students excel in sports, Kasuga High School. You learn that you will be moving into new employee housing and discover that you live with teachers from the nearby all girl's school Seika Ladies' Academy. The next day to your surprise you found out that your school will be closing and merging with Seika Ladies' Academy to form Seishun High School. There's one major rule: there can be no dating between students and staff.

The Guys of After School Affairs
  • Shinichi: Strict and cool
  • Kiyonori: Reserved
  • Rikiya: A little aggressive but thoughtful
  • Hidetaka: Sweet and encouraging
  • Kenzo: Laid-back and nice


DETAILED REVIEW
Plot: This felt like one of Voltage's most realistic plots. Especially one you hear more from Kenzo about the rumors that The MC hadn't heard about. It gave more validity to the fact that the school had been experiencing some hardships and it wasn't a sudden over dramatic random plot point to have it close. This was an issue that was going on for a bit.

The prologue had a nice flow to it and used characters in an interesting way like the older gentleman who ran the restaurant next door that was friendly and wanted to set the MC up. It was realistic in my opinion and help set up some funny moments like at the end of the prologue when he had already asked one of the guys to meet up in order to hook you two up.

Due to its great timing, pacing, and believability I would definitely play this route multiple times.

The MC: I really loved this MC right away. She was funny and wasn't dense which is a major plus. I always love when the MCs are smart, hard workers, and a little pervy haha She had all this and more!

App Layout: It's interesting because I would think color blocking and splatters wouldn't work but I like the design. I also liked the moving images on the app's main page.
Excited that they highlighted the differences between endings and that you get a voiced movie if you complete both!

Routes I Want to Purchase: All especially Rikiya :) Finally a tsundere ish character that I like

I loved this prologue and can't wait to see what the routes will be like. I'll probably purchase Rikiya's first. Kiyonori will be last because he was the character I was the least interested in. Tomorrow I'm off work to go to Spa Castle and I'm super excited. I'm going with my friend and we haven't been in years. I recently had a spa date with Boba at King Spa at the end of last month and it was glorious. We hadn't been since last year if I'm not mistaken. And there'll also be an Nintendo Direct tomorrow. I hope they officially announce Pokemon Sun and Moon. Fingers crossed! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment