Cosplay Ideas for New York Comic Con 2014

Hello gang! I am trying to be decisive and figure out what I will cosplay as for NYCC. I am more excited then usual because this is the first time that I will be attending more than one day for this con. I will be going Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! I get to dress up lots and lots^^  So, I want to get a head start and play my cosplay now rather than waiting until the last minute. I'm not sure if I want to dress up all three days. Tentatively, I am thinking about wearing a maid outfit one day, cosplay the second day, and my first Lolita coord on Sunday. I hear that constructing your first Lolita coord can take a lot of time, so I may not be able to get that done in time. I also don't even know what style I want to try -_- My lazy butt might just do two cosplays instead haha

I'm also wondering how buying my 3 Day tickets will go because the VIP tickets, 4 Day tickets, and Kid's Day passes sold out super fast on the 18th. Tickets went on sale at 12 pm and then were basically gone an hour later. I think the VIP tickets sold out after a few minutes, and I know the 4 Day passes were gone an hour after that. The Kid's Day are back in stock so if anyone is trying to get those, you should be fine. I haven't purchased my tickets online right after they come out before, so I think it will be interesting to see how it goes. Last year, I bought mine at a Japanese toy store in NYC. When I went in 2010, I bought them offline, but a month after they went on sale. This year I'm gonna try to be buy them the day after they go onsale, so we'll see how it goes lol I noticed on their FB page that a lot of people are upset that the guest list hasn't been announced. I usually don't go for guests because they don't have a lot of Japanese entertainment guests anyway and that would be what I would be pumped about. I love the aspect of dressing up and the booths. Anywho onto the list of my cosplay ideas!

Anime
Tetsuo from Akira. I may do this genderbent if I pick it, maybe not.
Genderbent Luffy from One Piece
Botan from Yu Yu Hakusho
Katara from Avatar the Last Airbender
Manga
Winry from Fullmetal Alchemist
Video Games
Chie from Persona 4
Rhyme from The World Ends With You
Cartoons
Shana from Jem and the Holograms
Spinelli from Recess

Couple Cosplay
Inuyasha and Kagome (my pick) or 
a couple from Adventure Time (Boba gets to pick)

That's it for my cosplay list! Let me know if what you think ^_^ I am making myself only select a cosplay from this list. I feel like it will help keep me focused. A few days ago Boba and I were in the mood to watch an action, but we need it to be filled with crazy amounts of action. So, I suggested Commando with Arnold Schwarzenegger. I am a HUGE 80s, 90s, and early 2000s action movie watcher. Jean Claude Van Damme, Sylvester Stallone, Kurt Russell, and the list goes on. We decided to count how many direct kills are in the movie. Boba suggested that it should be a drinking game. I looked at him like he farted! That movie is notorious for the amount of kills Arnold makes. We would have been another one of his victims if we had played a drinking game to that dern movie!!! We counted 75 direct kills, but believe there were more...many more. I'm gonna take my butt to bed! Wish me luck in getting tickets! Thank for reading^^

3 comments:

  1. Good luck getting tickets! Hmmm. I think Luffy,Winry, Shana , and Spinelli ones are awesome! Oooh i wanna make polyvores out of these characters now lol.

    styleriottt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's a hot mess right now so I hope I do too, if not I'll be ready super early for Anime Boston^^ For some reason I'm really feeling Winry and Shana! That would be awesome if you made it. I would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=127523145

    http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=127524005



    tell me what you think! :)


    I think Spinelli will be better for a Halloween costume than a summer time cosplay .
    Hope you have fun :)


    styleriottt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete