Voltage Inc. Otome Game Day and Personal Review Pt. 3

Hey hey heyyy! I'm back with my next post in my Voltage review. There are two other parts that you can read here and here. I've been feeling a little draggy lately. My birthday's coming up soon which I'm excited about^^ New York Comic Con tickets will also be going on sale soon, too! Let's get started with the next five games!

9. Office Secrets
May 19, 2013
The MC works in the sales department of a fashion company. After a morning filled with whacky hijinks, she finds out that she is being transferred to a newly created department that consists of eligible bachelors.

I had high hopes for this story because it had a more mature theme. I met my boyfriend at work, so I was excited to see Voltage do a story with that theme. I thought they were gonna kill it dead, but I was sadly mistaken. I felt very connected to the MC, but I didn't feel that way with the plot. I didn't dislike the story, but it's not my favorite. I think In Your Arms Tonight delivered a better workplace romance. And I SO did not like the scene where all the guys except Koji and Tamotsu were giving the MC distrustful looks. Like obviously she's there for a reason, find your chill.

The MC: What's not to like? She's cute and fiesty; I love how she watches her fortune every morning.

The Guys of Office Secrets
  • Toranosuke: The tsundere.
  • Ryoma: Blunt and strict.
  • Tamotsu: The reliable, laid-back older one.
  • Shingo: The smart, quiet one.
  • Koji: The sweet one.
  • Junya: The flirt.
  • Shota: The young one. Hence the name hehe
Thoughts
Attractive: Tamotsu, Ryoma, Junya

Intriguing Character Description: Tamotsu, Junya, Shota

Routes I Want to Purchase After Playing: Junya, Koji, Tamotsu

Guys I Didn't Care For: Toranosuke

Memorable lines  
Voltage just had to let their inner perv out with their shota descriptions. Like they really wanted you to get the reference lol

10. 10 Days With My Devil
August 7, 2013
You have a wonderful day where all these lucky things happen to you. On your way home your apartment catches on fire. You learn that you were supposed to die in the fire. Some smexy demons come to talk your soul away, but you manage to barter ten more days to take care of a few things.

I loved the flow of the story. I also enjoyed the plot and hearing how the demons felt about humans. I really enjoyed the premise!

The MC: Another great MC! She is super smart and feisty. I love how she has a quick wit and can think on her feet. I also since a little bit of loneliness in her that is endearing.

The Guys of 10 Days With My Devil
  • Kakeru: Serious and bossy.
  • Rein: Easygoing.
  • Meguru: Sincere and sweet.
  • Shiki: Tsundere.
  • Satoru: Cold-hearted and possessive.
  • Haruhito: Gentle and kind.
Thoughts
Attractive: Kakeru, Rein, Shiki, Haruhito
Intriguing Character Description: Kakeru, Rein, Satoru, Haruhito

Routes I Want to Purchase After Playing: Kakeru and Haruhito

Guys I Didn't Care For: Shiki

Note: Rein wasn't in the prologue, so I read his first chapter for free. It was okay, didn't feel motivated to buy it.

Memorable lines
 I read tarot, so I love that they brought in that element.

11. Kiss of Revenge
September 10, 2013
You have spent the last twelve years of your life plotting to get back at the doctor that covered up a medical error that cost your mother her life. 

This was a really dark story, and I loved every minute of it. I found all the guys to be extremely interesting. The way the prologue ended made me want to buy a route with the quickness! This story hit me all in the feels.


The MC: I love her! She's strong yet vulnerable at the same time. She's has a strong motive backing her, and I love reading her thoughts.

The Guys of Kiss of Revenge
  • Issei: Cool and serious
  • Junpei: Your first love and childhood friend. Sweet and kind
  • Soichiro: Mysterious
  • Kyosuke: A flirt and easy to talk to.

Thoughts
Attractive: Issei, Junpei, Kyosuke

Intriguing Character Description: Junpei, Kyosuke

Routes I Want to Purchase After Playing: ALL

Memorable lines

12. Dreamy Days in West Tokyo
October 8, 2013 
The MC moves back to her hometown after ten years. She runs into all of her childhood friends who happened to magically grow up to be super hot.

I am a huge fan of this concept. I love love love that we get to see you and the guys grow up. I think it was an amazing idea on Voltage's part. 

The MC: I loved her! It was nice to see her thoughts and she stands up for herself. I really loved her memories of the guys when they were children vs. her reaction to them when they are older.

The Guys of Dreamy Days in West Tokyo
  • Haruki: The nice one.
  • Ryuzo: The strong one.
  • Ichigo: The tsundere.
  • Takeshi: The quiet one.
  • Rihito: The mysterious one.
  • Johji: The older one. It's funny because his name is very similiar to Boba's real name, and Boba looks a lot like him too.
  • Koh (Season 2)
  • Reiji (Season 2)
Thoughts
Attractive: ALL

Intriguing Character Description: Haruki, Ryuzo, Johji 

Routes I Want to Purchase After Playing: ALL


Then Vs. Now
Haruki
Ryuzo
Takeshi
Ichigo
Rihito
Johji

Memorable lines
Fuck off
Oh word!
Voltage has no chill

13. Class Trip Crush
November 20, 2013
You attend an all girls' high school and are preparing to attend a class trip. All of a sudden their is an announcement that the boys from the all boy's school near you will also attend. 

Although the story is on the younger said, I liked the concept. 

The MC: She seems to be pretty chill and not boy crazy like one of her friends. I didn't get to get a major sense of her character in the prologue because her two friends had a lot of screen time. It was easier to pick up on their personalities than the MC.

The Guys of Class Trip Crush

  • Taketo: Confident and popular
  • Yasuto: Carefree and dense
  • Kanji: Super flirtatious and bold
  • Homare: Smart and antisocial
  • Nagisa: Celebrity. Mysterious and sweet
Thoughts
Attractive: Taketo and Homare

Intriguing Character Description: Taketo, Yasuto, Homare, Nagisa

Routes I Want to Purchase After Playing: Nagisa and Taketo

Guys I Didn't Care For: Kanji, he was just too thirsty

That's it for these games! My next post cover the rest of the games. I will also have one more post after that which will talk about my thoughts overall and things I noticed. I recently bought Takao's route from My Forged Wedding and I love it!

I also have great news regarding the new Harvest Moon game that I wrote about in this post. It will be released in the winter. I found out that the name will be different because Natsume won't be translating it; it will be XSEED instead, so it can't be called Harvest Moon. It will be called Story of Seasons. See you in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment