Voltage Inc. Otome Game Day and Personal Review Pt. 4

Hey cool people! This is my last review post for my Voltage challenge. I will have one more post which will be my thoughts on Voltage overall (like themes I notice, character types, etc.). Here we go!
14. Our Two Bedroom Story
January 16, 2014
The MC works at a publishing company. Your mom invites you to dinner to tell you something. You find out that she will be getting married and your co-worker will become your step brother! To make matters worse you end up unknowingly living with him! Sounds like the Taiwanese drama Devil Beside You haha

Since I am familiar with this plot line through Devil Beside You, I thought it was a fun idea to see in a Voltage game. 

The MC: I am really digging these MCs with sassy thoughts haha She seems to be a bit spacey which isn't uncommon in a Voltage MC.  

The Guys of Our Two Bedroom Story
  • Minato: Arrogant and bossy.
  • Kaoru: Cool and quiet.
  • Shusei: Sweet and kind.
  • Chiaki: Mysterious.
  • Akiyoshi: Driven and tough.
Thoughts
Attractive: ALL

Intriguing Character Description: Kaoru, Shusei, Chiaki, Akiyoshi

Routes I Want to Purchase After Playing: Shusei and Akiyoshi

Guys I Didn't Care For: Minato- he is too inappropriate and sexual harassmenty for my taste

Memorable Lines
 You ain't never lied
15. Kissed By the Baddest Bidder
February 9, 2014
Your work at a hotel as a maid. A big annual auction is going on. You end up being an item for sale when you break an expensive artifact that was supposed to be auctioned. You end up being bought by the owner and some of his friends. You have to pick which guy will buy you.

The MC: She works hard and has a trio of mean girls on her back (Hana Yori Dango much lol). She wants to do what's right and calls out the guys after she is bought. 

The Guys of Kissed by the Baddest Bidder
  • Eisuke: The most tsundere of them all. Cruel and arrogant.
  • Soryu: Silent and observant.
  • Baba: Fun and flirty.
  • Ota: Mysterious.
  • Mamoru: Lazy
Thoughts
Attractive: ALL

Intriguing Character Description: ALL

Routes I Want to Purchase After Playing: Baba, Soryu, Ota

Guys I Didn't Care For: Eisuke

Memorable Lines

16. Serendipity Next Door
March 5, 2014
You wake up late to the sound of someone moving in next door. You realize you overslept and rush to work. In a series of coincidences you run into men that live in your apartment building.

This story was really believable. I loved the flow of the prologue and the comedy was awesome. I enjoyed every aspect of the story from the MC's everyday and work life to the funny things that happen to her. I think it is really well written. I also like the new style of the shots for when you first meet the guys. I haven't seen anything like that since Be My Princess and Dreamy Days in West Tokyo.

The MC: She seemed like a very realistic character. I liked how she was a foodie and how dedicated she was at being good at her new job. I loved the scene where she was sipping on her beverage watching two of the guys fight, that shady bitch! haha

The Guys of Serendipity Next Door
  • Masaomi: Cool and down to earth. 
  • Izumi: Polite and sweet.
  • Shinobu: The flirt.
  • Jinpachi: Bad boy and a bit pf a womanizer. Another Voltage guy that looks very similar to Boba. It's so funny because when Dreamy Days in West Tokyo came out Boba's hair was the same lenghth and then this game comes out and his hair was the same length again! 
Thoughts
Attractive: Masaomi, Shinobu, Jinpachi

Intriguing Character Description: Masaomi

Routes I Want to Purchase After Playing: Masaomi and Jinpachi

Guys I Didn't Care For:

Intro shots

Memorable Lines

17. Metro PD: Close to You
March 31, 2014
You are transferred to an elite team called MPD. You meet some eccentric guys that are your new co-workers.

I liked the prologue and the plot. I liked how there was some action at the end of the prologue. I'm not a big fan of the art style; I don't hate it, but I just really prefer the other design. Although I liked the prologue, I didn't find myself really liking a lot of the guys. I actually only ended up liking one.

The MC: She is a feisty one! I like hahaha She definitely doesn't just take crap from people.

The Guys of Metro PD: Close to You
  • Kirisawa: Reliable, calm, and charismatic
  • Hanai: Arrogant 
  • Tennoji: Blunt and kind.
  • Nomura: The playboy
*Note: There are three more guys that aren't available.

Thoughts
Attractive: Kirisawa

Intriguing Character Description: Kirisawa

Routes I Want to Purchase After Playing: Kirisawa

Memorable lines 
It makes me laugh when Westerners are portrayed like this. I've seen it done in manga, too. 

18. Be My Princess 2
May 14, 2014
You are a pastry chef that ends up helping to deliver baking ingredients to Nobel Michel. Once you are there, you are begged to assist with the preparations for an event. You end up meeting the princes throughout the course of your adventure. You "catch" a bouquet and get to dance with the prince of your choice.

I really really enjoyed this prologue. I liked how it flowed, and I loved how you got a little glimpse into each character beyond their obvious traits. I like this prologue better than the first game's.

The MC: Another great MC! She works hard and is very observant.

The Guys of Be My Princess 2
  • Hayden (Wilfred's grandson): Kind and gentle.
  • Kuon (Glenn's grandson): Hard to read.
  • Sieg (Joshua's grandson): Arrogant.
  • Oliver: not available
  • Ivan: not available
  • Aslan: not available
Thoughts
Attractive: ALL

Intriguing Character Description: None really drew me in. They all seemed to have a chip on their shoulder.

Routes I Want to Purchase After Playing: ALL

That's it for this post! I am super excited about the new game that was just announced, and I plan to do a review on it, too. I really liked the clue game that Voltage set up with the keywords. I think I am going to love Enchanted in the Moonlight because I really love Black Bird and Kamisama Hajimemashite. I think it's going to be an awesome game, and I like all of the guys character designs. Damn you Voltage trying to keep me broke! I hope it comes out soon >_< Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment