My Thoughts on Voltage Inc. Games

Hey home skillets! This is my last post in my Voltage Inc. review; you can check out the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th posts to see a more in depth review of the prologue of each game. I wanted to take the time to talk about my impressions of their games. I'm super happy that I decided to do this review. I really got to know Voltage's work by playing each game. I would really excited when I would notice the same scenery in different games. It seems that most Voltage characters live in Tokyo.

Common Themes
There are definitely a few common themes that pop up in a Voltage game e.g. new job, super rich dudes meet common girl, new living situation, and forced pairing. One thing I love about Voltage is that regardless of how often these themes are used, it still doesn't get boring. I feel like they try really hard to bring creativity and originality to their games and characters. I played the prologue of each game back to back and can distinctly remember which prologue goes with what game. Of course there will be similarities, but Voltage really creates a different feel to each game.

I also wanted to highlight stories that had unique plots.
  • My Forged Wedding, Pirates in Love, In Your Arms Tonight, Love Letter from Thief X, 10 Days with My Devil, Kiss of Revenge, Dreamy Days in West Tokyo, and Kissed by the Baddest Bidder
I made that list with non-generic romantic plots in mind. That's a lot of stories where they are thinking out of the box!
Now on to the best part: ranking the games!!!! There honestly wasn't a game that I didn't like. 

Games I Absolutely Loved
  • 10 Days With My Devil, Dreamy Days in West Tokyo, In Your Arms Tonight, Kissed By the Baddest Bidder, My Forged Wedding
Games I Thought I Wasn't Going to Like But Ended Up Loving
  • Pirates in Love, Love Letter from Thief X, Be My Princess 2, Kiss of Revenge, Serendipity Next Door
For some reason I didn't have high expectations for these games, but I ended up really enjoying them!

Games That Were Okay
  • Class Trip Crush, Metro PD: Close to You, Our Two Bedroom Story

Least Favorite Games
  • A Knight's Devotion, Be My Princess, My Sweet Bodyguard, Office Secrets, Seduced in the Sleepless City
Of course I have to talk about a super important character in each game: the MC. I mean you're stuck with this trick (and being her) for the whole game. If she's not on point and/or annoying, you're not gonna have a fun time. 

The MC
The MC could be done better in some stories. Sometimes she huh and uhhhs to much for my taste. I'm not a fan when she's a pushover, especially with the tsundere character.

Favorite MC
This was really difficult because there are quite a few MCs that I loved. So naturally I couldn't pick just one. My favorite MCs are: The MCs from In Your Arms Tonight, Love Letter from Thief X, and Dreamy Days in West Tokyo.

The Guys of Voltage
Next up, the guys! We wouldn't be playing these games if it weren't for them. 

Favorite guy
Kippei Ebihara
My thirst for this man is SO real! Kippei and Genji are my first voltage guys (I bought their routes at the same time), and Kippei's character blew me away. I loved how he wasn't a typical tsundere. He wasn't mean at all; he just had really high standards for himself, so natural he had the same for others. He ends up being really thoughtful, sweet, and very supportive. I loved everything about him, and I thought his story was my amazing. And that hair tho, laid for the gods!

Voltage routes I Have Played
Kippei and Genji- In Your Arms Tonight
Takao- My Forged Wedding (loved him!)

Least favorite kind of guy
I haven't played enough routes to have a least favorite guy. I have heard of a few notorious characters though lol 

My least favorite kind of guy has to be the tsundere. I know it's not much of a surprise for those of you that have been reading my review. I just don't like rude people, blame it on the fact that I'm a Southerner where we're taught that if we don't have anything nice to say to keep our mouthes shut and to be civil even in the presence of someone we despise. In a manga I don't mind the lead guy being a tsundere because I'm not that character, but in an otome game it's a bit trickier. You are in this precarious situation where you are the MC, but at the same time you're not. 

Routes I Can't Wait to Purchase
There are a few routes that I want to make it rain on right now! 
  • Ryuzo from Dreamy Days in West Tokyo. I bought it when it was on sale, but I haven't played it yet.
  • Kenshi from Love Letter from Thief X
  • Shusei from Our Two Bedroom Story
  • Soryu from Kissed by the Baddest Bidder
  • Baba from Kissed by the Baddest Bidder
Why I Love Voltage Games
I love their stories! Their character designs are amazing. The art style and music are amazing as well. I've played quite a few otome games from different companies, and Voltage always delivers quality games. Despite the fact that I only played a two routes and the prologue of each game, I can confidently say that Voltage rocks. 

That's it for my review on Voltage! Well, until a new games comes out haha Which will be soon. I would love to hear your thoughts! What do you love about Voltage's games? Who's your favorite MC and your fav guy? Thank you so much reading^^

No comments:

Post a Comment