Butler Until Midnight: Prologue Review

Hi everyone, I decided to play Voltage's latest released before work kicked my butt tomorrow. I can only imagine what my inbox will look like after four days -_- Welp, I'll deal with that tomorrow on to the prologue review!
November 2nd

The MC is in the middle of relocating for a job in Tokyo and is searching for an apartment. She finds an apartment that sounds too good to be true. She immediately signs without fully reading over the lease agreement. The prologue fast forwards to a month later on the day the MC is moving into her new place. She discovers that she missed a pretty big feature that comes with her apartment on the lease agreement, a personal butler?!
The Guys of Butler Until Midnight
  • Yuma Akagi: Charming
  • Aoi Shirafuji: Cool
  • Tomoki Matsuba: Strict
  • Kyo Aizawa: Aloof
  • Itsuki Matsuba: Mischievous
DETAILED REVIEW
Plot: I was really excited when I heard this would be Voltage's next app to be released. I am a huge fan of the Japanese drama Mei Chan no Shitsuji (Mei Chan's Butler) and have become a fan of butler culture since then. Voltage re-used some of their typical tropes here like an unknown father making an appearance and changing the MC's life (My Sweet Bodyguard) or the MC having being tricked and having to go through some sort of trial for a company (My Wedding and 7 Rings). 

I think that the one negative that stood out for me was that all the butlers were in on forcing the MC into her current situation. She didn't have an ally in any of them. I'm sure that there will be more touching moments as each routes progress, but it was just frustrating to see that she was all alone. Especially when you see her thought process and see how overwhelmed she is. I admit that it does make sense with the story. Butlers are supposed to take care of their ladies and not let their feelings get involved. They are just doing their job and remaining professional. This does make me super interested in seeing how those dynamics will change in the routes.

The MC: She was sooo thirsty! haha She was commenting on how all the guys looked and that to me was super believable. Like who wouldn't be checking them out?! I really enjoyed her characterization. She picked up on what was happening fast. 
Design: Beautiful design as always. The color scheme is on point and they added the interactive screens that I love. I think it's great that Voltage is added more voiced options. 
I have seriously fallen in love with these character maps. I remember first seeing them when I would look up upcoming dramas on dramawiki. They're awesome because you get a little more insight into their relationships without major spoilers.
Routes I Want to Purchase: ALL

I really enjoyed how the flow of this prologue. It did a great job of revealing a lot of information, but didn't fill full of exposition. I'm excited to see what each route has in store for the MC and her butler. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment