Cosplay Amino and Cosplanner App Review

Hello everyone, I hope your summer's wrapping up nicely. I'm still in shock that summer is pretty much over. I feel like it was just June! Time flying by like this makes me happy that I'm no longer in school. I've been taking this time to work my butt off on my New York Comic Con line up. I finally looked down my last cosplay last week^^ I recently found an amazing app called Cosplanner, and it's been helping me stay organized. I also discovered a cool social cosplay app called Cosplay Amino. I figured since I've been enjoying them both, I should share them with you. I hope if you're a cosplayer, you'll find these apps useful!
First up is Cosplanner! This app is currently available for Android and in Apple's App Store. The app has a lot of useful features. You can sort you cosplay by end date, due date, character, and that's just name a few. You also can categorize items by things you need to buy or make.
There's even a space for reference pics and notes. The task feature is awesome because it lets you plan the convention aspect of your cosplay in one place. So rather than having to use a separate calendar to plan out when you'll work on your cosplay or tracking convention details like booking your hotel, you have everything in one piece. Sometimes I have a bad habit of doing things the hard way and writing everything down and then magically losing that sheet of paper. I'm so happy I found this app because it is extremely useful and saves me a lot of time.

Next up is Cosplay Amino, I first heard of the app on Instagram where a lot of my friends that cosplay where making accounts. I decided to give it a try. There are a lot of other Amino apps like Anime Amino, Manga Amino and so on. I'm thinking of trying of few of the other Aminos but I'm so addicted to this one that I don't think it would be smart introduce any other ones lol

I will admit that the app could be a little bit more user friendly. It's not that's extremely complicated, it's just that the overall design could be better. The plus side is that the app provides you will descriptions for most of its features and even breaks down the different kinds of posts. Now that I've got the hang of it, I can def say that I am enjoying the app. The community on their is really positive and helpful, so don't be shy. 
After you sign in you will be brought to your news feed. You can see sort it by Friends, Featured, and Latest. Latest will show posts from everybody in chronological order. There's also group chats, one on one chat, forums, tutorials, and a bunch of other features. You can also search by tags if you're looking for something in particular. You can even find cosplayers in your area! My account is Strawberry Rhapsody, feel free to add me or say hi^^
I'm not sure how I feel about Lolita fashion being added to the app. As a beginner Lolita, I understand that Lolita is not cosplay and is a fashion. Some people that are new to cosplay may not know the difference. A lot of Lolita's do not like the fact that Lolita is mistaken for cosplay. One Lolita that also cosplays made a discussion post asking if people felt Lolita should be included. She felt that a separate Amino for J fashion would make since and most agreed.  I personally would not post any of my Lolita coords on Cosplay Amino. The only exception would be if I was cosplaying a character that happens to wear Lolita like Miwako from Paradise Kiss.
Here's my NYCC line up if you were interested. I still haven't figured out what day I will be wearing what, but Cosplanner has def made it easier for me to stay on track. I think I wear most likely wear Sailor Mercury on Saturday. That's it for me, please let me know if you end up trying these apps and how you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment