Scandal in the Spotlight Prologue Review

Voltage has done it again with it's latest release Scandal in the Spotlight. I was excited for this game because I have a soft spot in my heart for boy bands from New Edition and Boys 2 Men to KAT-TUN and Backstreet Boys. Here are my thoughts^^
March 2, 2015

You are attending a concert for Japan's hottest boy band Revance. You received the tickets from a friend. The last song of the concert sounds similar to something you wrote. You discover that the band needs a new ghostwriter for their songs, and they want you!

The Guys of Scandal in the Spotlight
  • Kyohei Rikudoh: Charistmatic and domineering
  • Iori Enjo: Sadistic and cold
  • Kota Igarashi: Ornery
  • Nagito Aoshima: Flirty
  • Takashi Ninagawa: Stand offish
  • Ryo Chibana (Makoto): The secret sixth member of Revance; Kind and cheerful 

DETAILED REVIEW
Plot: Voltage really nows how to make extraordinary situations feel really grounded and believable. I really like how they made the members of Revance realistic. It makes since that a few of them would have a stage person that would be different from their true personality. I felt like the ending was quite racy which I enjoyed; I wont spoil it for those of you who haven't played it yet.

The MC: I felt the MC was in a realistic life situation where she worked really hard, but faced obstacles because her boss was sexual harassing her. I think it was a bold choice for Voltage to broach that subject in the entertainment industry. I also love how homegirl just left. She was like,
"I'm not here for this, bye" Yeah yeah yeah, she ended up having to work with them anyway, but I appreciated how she straight up walked out. She didn't feel like a helpless Voltage MC.

Design: Once again another beautiful design! I loved the additions they made to the app screen like little stars where you tapped. They added sound effects like the crowd screaming. When the band came out they had a little video ransition when the band took the stage instead of the generic photo of the guy. Like the Prince introduction in the first Be My Princess but fancier. The strobe lights moved during the concert, too.

Music: I loved the main Revance song; it was really catchy. I hope that the routes feature more of the band's music and not just the lyrics.

The Guys: Why they always gotta release the annoying one tho? *sings in Rae Sremmurd voice* I ain't go no type, but Tsunderes is the one I don't like.  Mini rant over. It would be awesome if they start releasing two guys at a time, so that the player has options. I loved their intros! 
 
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment